Skip to Main Content
- Scitable: A free science library by Nature Publishing Group.
- eLife: eLife is an open-access journal that publishes promising research in the life and biomedical sciences
- College Biology (Khan Academy): Videos, articles, flashcards, and quizzes.
- Anatomy Drill and Practice: This website covers the human body, and offers practice with identifying human anatomy.
- American Society for Microbiology: With over 30,000 members, including researchers, educators and health professionals, ASM is one of the largest life science societies in the world.
- Center's for Disease Control and Prevention: As the nation's health protection agency, CDC saves lives and protects people from health, safety, and security threats
- Biology Online: Created in 2001, the site provides a wealth of information in the diverse field of biology, offering a forum for discussion, an editable-dictionary with thousands of terms, links to external resources, tutorials, articles and a biology book catalogue with user reviews.
- Scientific American: Science News, Articles and Information: Scientific American is a popular magazine that began in 1845. Explore categories such as The Sciences, Health, Mind, Tech, Education and podcasts.
- The American Society for Cell Biology: Provides access to archived journal publications.
- The Cell Image Library: a freely accessible, easy-to-search, public repository of reviewed and annotated images, videos, and animations of cells from a variety of organisms, showcasing cell architecture, intracellular functionalities, and both normal and abnormal processes.
- Encyclopedia of Life: A resource that gathers together knowledge of the many life-forms on Earth - of animals, plants, fungi, protists and bacteria, and shares that knowledge in an open, freely accessible and trusted digital resource