Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Search for an article in over 100 databases indexing thousands of periodicals and scholarly journals. Note: You will need the current GALILEO password if accessing this resource off campus.
Statistics and Data Sets in GALILEO
Some databases in GALILEO specialize in datasets; others link out to external statistics-focused sites.
- American Fact Finder: American FactFinder is your source for population, housing, economic and geographic information.
- Pew Research Center: A nonpartisan fact tank that informs the public about the issues, attitudes and trends shaping America and the world.
- Stats America: States in Profile. States in Profile. USA States in Profile. Find information on the demographic and workforce data for any of the 50 states.
Bureau of Justice Statistics
America's primary source for criminal justice statistics. Collects, analyzes, and disseminates information on crime, criminal offenders, victims of crime, and the operation of justice systems at all levels of government.
Economic Research Service (Dept. of Agriculture)
Topics focus on agriculture, including commodity prices, rural economies, and trade/international markets.
National Center for Education Statistics
The site of the Department of Education's major statistical agency has a catalog of publications available, with text and tables from some of the publications.
Search Google Scholar
Search for an article in Google Scholar. Google Scholar provides access to scholarly articles on the Internet.
- The Math Forum: Student Center is a collection of activities, puzzles, games, weekly challenges, and other resources for mathematics students from preschool through graduate school.
- NSDL Concept Map Tool (AAAS Benchmarks): The NSDL Concept Map Tool provides a way for teachers and students to connect NSDL resources with science and math concepts.
- Math: Wolfman Functions Site: The Wolfram Functions Site provides formulas and visualizations of mathematical functions.
- eBook Central (ProQuest): Plenty of mathematical resources including Math Modeling, algebra and more.
- Academic Search Complete: This scholarly collection offers full-text coverage of information in many areas of academic study including mathematics.
- Research Library (ProQuest): provides one-stop access to a wide range of popular academic subjects and includes full-text access for thousands of titles, including scholarly journals, trade publications, magazines, and newspapers.
- Nexis Uni: A resourceful database for students in Math Modeling.
- Mathematics: Research Starters Topic: Numerous Research Starter articles related to mathematics