Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What is an annotated bibliography?
How to write an annotated bibliography
HOW DO I WRITE ONE?
- Start with a MLA formatted citation
- Add your annotation underneath the citation
- 1 paragraph
- No more than 150 words
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE ANNOTATION?
SUMMARIZE THE SOURCE
- 2-3 sentences
- If someone asked about this article/book is about, what would you say/
- What are the main arguments?
- What is the point of this article or book?
- What topics are covered?
EVALUATE THE SOURCE
- 1-2 sentences
- Is the information reliable?
- Is this source biased or objective?
- What is the goal of this source?