HOW DO I WRITE ONE?
- Start with a MLA formatted citation
- Add your annotation underneath the citation
- 1 paragraph
- No more than 150 words
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE ANNOTATION?
SUMMARIZE THE SOURCE
- 2-3 sentences
- If someone asked about this article/book is about, what would you say/
- What are the main arguments?
- What is the point of this article or book?
- What topics are covered?
EVALUATE THE SOURCE
- 1-2 sentences
- Is the information reliable?
- Is this source biased or objective?
- What is the goal of this source?