Share audio and video
Use Chrome to share audio and video.
Moderators and presenters can share video with audio and audio files in a session from Chrome. All attendees will hear what is played. The way you share audio and video with audio depends on if you're using a Windows® or Mac OS® computer.
On Windows, you can share all audio on your desktop, such as YouTube videos or files you have on your computer.
If you select the Chrome Tab option, choose the tab you want to share from the list.
On the Mac OS, you can only share video audio and audio files from a Chrome tab. Share video from sites like YouTube. Or open video and audio files you have on your computer in a new Chrome tab to share them.
Find the YouTube video you want and click SHARE underneath the title of the video
Highlight the embedded code that appears and COPY
In the content area of the Blackboard course where you want the video embedded, hover over Build Content and click on Item.
Click the HTML box in the formatting toolbar of the item.
Find what you copied from YouTube in the HTML window that appears and click UPDATE
Log into Blackboard and access the content area in which you would like to upload your content item to.
1. Click on Build Content at the top of the page
2. Choose Web Link from the menu that appears
1. Name: Enter a name for the link that will be shown to students
2. URL: Enter the desired URL (the website address) for the web link. Example YouTube share link
You can enter a description in the text editor
You can now set up the options for availability and click Submit
The Mashups tool in Blackboard allows instructors to link a YouTube video directly to their Blackboard class. The instructions below will demonstrate how to add a YouTube video to your course site.
Log into Blackboard and access the content area in which you would like to add a YouTube video to.
To upload your video:
1. Click on Build Content at the top of page
2. Choose YouTube Video from the menu under Mashups
You will now see a screen labeled Search for a YouTube Video. To search for a video, enter the title of the YouTube video you want to add, and click GO to search for the video
A list of videos that match your search will appear on the screen, along with a description. Locate the video you wish to add and click select to add the video to Blackboard. If the video does not appear, there are other ways to embed the video or you can link to the video. These instructions are available on this page.
The section Add YouTube Channel to Course will allow you to edit the link description within the course:
1. Name : The name of the video will be populated in this field or you can change if you would like
2. Color of Name: The color of the name link can be changed.
3. Description: A description of link can be added here.
Mashup Options allows you to modify how the YouTube video appears to students in the course environment
1. View: This dropdown menu provides the following choices: Thumbnail, Text link with player, and Embed video
2. Show YouTube URl: Selecting Yes will show the URL to students so they can access the video outside the course
3. Show YouTube Title Information: Selecting Yes will show the video title, duration, video creator and the date the video was added to YouTube